Tuesday's Tip Jar


Consider adding this question, "What was your favorite part of today?" to your evening discussions with your family. A friend of mine started asking her teenage children this when they were very little and hasn't stopped. She asks the question everyday and always gets a thoguhtful answer.

I have started this with Little Man. While his answers are very simple, I am trying to form open lines of communication with him now and trying to foster a relationship where he will know that, no matter what, I will always care enough to ask him about his favorite part of the day.

We do it at bedtime. It comes after our prayer and before the "I love you." It gives me a chance to talk with him quitely and thoughtfully about his day. if your kids are older, it might be a good dinner time conversation and the whole family can be involved.

Give it a try tonight. See what happens.

5 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

Rebecca said...

This is a great idea!

He & Me + 3 said...

We usually do this around the dinner table, but at bedtime is a much more intimate time. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

how funny our tips are similiar...great minds..LOL
( must be a Cali thing)haha

I love asking by baby girl questions....it works for us at night the best right before bed time!!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Excellent idea! I often ask this of my kids....and it usually works!

Melanie Sheridan said...

I asked my son today how school was and he asked if he could wait till later so Daddy could hear too.

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template