Weight Loss Wednesday

Another Wednesday. I conveniently didn’t post last week on Wednesday. The idea of this weekly MeMe is to keep me accountable. Last week was not a good week for me, and the scale showed it; I couldn’t bring myself to admit it here.

This week, however was another story.

My co-workers and I have a little support group going. All of us are in the same in the same oversized predicament. So, we put together a two part contest (my boss calls it gambling). One is to put a dollar in the pot if we don’t lose or if we gain. The other I will tell you about next week.

Having to put money in the pot frightened my cheap frugal ways, so I lost weight. I lost 5.2 pounds to be exact. Before you start throwing streamers, don’t forget about the bad week last week.

I find I do best when my days are pretty regular. Here is a sample of what I eat on a normal day:

7:00am Diet Vanilla Pepsi
8:00am Whole grain, light English muffin with 2 Laughing Cow light cheese wedges
10:30am Light yogurt
12:30pm Frozen WW meal or lean cuisine with a red bell pepper sliced and 4 tablespoons of hummus to dip them in.
3:30pm Fruit (pear or grapes last week)
5:30pm Dinner with the family. The dinners range from roast chicken to soup, but nothing super fatty and I limit my servings of starchy foods.
8:00 Glass of wine. Sometimes non-fat, sugar-free pudding or popcorn.
And buckets of water. Tons of water. I might just float away from all the water!

That snack at 3:30 is imperative. If I don’t have it, I overdo it at dinner.

Next week, I will introduce you to Veronica V. My weight loss buddy!

4 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

Rebecca said...

I think skipping an afternoon snack is what my problem is!

Mel, A Dramatic Mommy said...

Congratulations! I'm trying to drop a few pounds before a weekend trip next month. My sweet tooth does me in. My new discovery: dip a Hershey's Bliss into peanut butter. Heaven!

Heather said...

Good job friend! You are to be commended for your great eating habits! Sounds like it is paying off!

Francine said...

FREE Support and Encouragement Cards, e-cards at http://www.stopgettingfat.com/You_can.html
no ads - no pop-ups -- just support.
More cards coming.....

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template