Pilgrim Hat Cupcakes



I made these great little pilgrim hats for Little Man's Thanksgiving party at daycare.

Ingredients:
Chocolate Cake
24 Ice Cream Cones
3 Tubs Chocolate Frosting
Fruit Roll Ups
Spice Drops
Wafer Cookies

***hint, nabisco chocolate wafer cookies are too small - ignore my ingredients picture. You'll have to make your own - recipe follows

Wafer Cookies:
1 Cup Soft Butter
1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
2 Cups Flour
Granulated Sugar

Blend butter and whipping cream thoroughly. Slowly add flour; mix until a ball of dough forms around your paddle. Form dough into 3 small discs. Cover and refrigerate. Roll dough on floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out circles larger in diameter than the top of the ice cream cone. I used a drinking glass as a cutter. Poke with a fork 4-5 times. Sprinkle with sugar, Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.


To assemble the pilgrim hat cupcakes begin by spooning cake into the ice cream cones.









Frost the top of the ice cream cone, then cover the frosting with a wafer cookie. Turn cone upside down on a wire rack
****hint - place wax paper under your rack.

Melt remaining frosting in a pourable container (I used a 4 cup measuring cup) in the microwave for about 1 minute. Stir frosting, then pour heavily over each ice cream cone. You'll have to scrap up chocolate from under the cooling rack and re-heat several times to get through all the cupcakes.

Let the cupcakes set for one hour. Then wrap the base of the cone in a fruit roll-up strip and dot with a cut spice drop. I wasn't sure these would stick without more frosting as glue, but the melted frosting was still tacky enough to hold them.

The cupcakes were a big hit with the kids, parents and teachers. They were a lot of work, but the ahhhh factor made it worth while.

1 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

Rebecca said...

Are you feeling any better?


Did I tell you I moved again? Well, I am still at Bitsy (you know that) but I am also at http://awalkthroughthevalley.com

I think I'm done moving now... I think. ;)

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template