Sprinkles

I am guilty of giving my child the overly processed, full of sugar, not-so-good-for-you breakfast pastry known as the Pop Tart (no offense kellogs, but it's true - you can try to market them as whole grain and low-fat, but nothing is going to change the bad-for-you-ness about them). I know what you are thinking: Reason number 723 why I won't be getting that "mom of the year" award.

Anyway, I usually buy the low fat version because they have less calories than the whole grain version. I figure I should cut back somewhere. The low fat version has frosting and sprinkles on it. The whole grain version has a squiggle of frosting on it.

A couple of weeks ago my grocery store was out of the low fat version, so I bought the whole grain version. This was met with a bit of discontent on Little Man's part. He demanded to know where the sprinkles were each and every morning.

The box, finally emptied, was in need of replinishing so at the grocery store yesterday I picked up aa new one. Little Man was with me. They actually had the low fat version. I handed it to Little Man, and this is the conversation that took place:

Me: Look, Little Man, I found the kind with sprinkles again.
Little Man: Strawberry?
Me: Yep, straberry.
Little Man: (whilst hugging said box of Pop Tarts) Oh Pop Tarts, I knew you'd come back to me.

3 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

Rebecca said...

That is ADORABLE!!!! Little Man is too cute!

Heather said...

haha!! Ok...I wanna go back to a time when I am able to hug a box and be totally in paradise!

He is a doll! And what a beautiful mind! :-)

Melanie Sheridan said...

I love how easily amused kids are. Mine has had "the best day ever" 3 times this week.

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template