Electric Bill

Last weekend I was in our guest room working on Little Man's Halloween costume. The guest room is where I keep the sewing machine. Little Man was all over me while I was making the costume. At some point he decided he didn't feel good and needed to lie down on the bed. Whatever, that was fine with me.

My parents will be here on Monday, so I went into the guest room this morning to strip the bed. As I was taking the sheets off, I noticed the bed was warm. "Hmmmm...that's strange," was my first thought. Then I realized that when my parents were here in the spring we loaded their bed up with an electric blanket (being from So Cal, they aren't really made for the arctic cold way in which we keep our house). While Little Man was climbing into the bed, he must have flipped on the switch. The electric blanket had been keeping that empty bed warm and toasty since Sunday! Awesome!

In anticipation of the increased electric bill, I had to warn the hubs. He was not impressed and didn't find it nearly as humorous as me.

3 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

MelADramatic Mommy said...

I'm not laughing AT you, I promise!

Rebecca said...

I'm glad the electric blanket was a sturdy one - they have been known to cause fires - thank God yours didn't!!!

So, what is Little Man going to be for Halloween??

Jessica said...

Oh my! I'd have to laugh. At least until the electric bill comes! :)

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template