Bad Parenting

Do you ever look at your children and think you are the worst parent in the world? Do you ever look at them and think where did I go wrong that has caused them to act like this?

Perhaps Little Man is going through a phase, but he has caused me to question my ability to be a good mother. I am at the end of my disciplinary idea rope. I don't know where to go. We have tried time out, rewards, taking things away, spanking, yelling, talking sternly, whispering. None of it's working. Anyone have a magic solution? I'm desperate for help.

5 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

Heather said...

What's the problem?? Sometimes you need to look at the issue to be able to correctly respond. Fill me in on the details..and I will see what I can pull from my hat! :-)

Rebecca said...

Don't ever think you are not a good mom - you are a GREAT mom! Kids go through phases and sometimes nothing works, it is just how it is. We have tried everything with Bean and she is just a stubborn little girl - I finally discovered that denying her vanilla soymilk is a motivator (of all things!).

((HUGS))
Hang in there!

Heather said...

Friend...Rebecca is right! You are a wonderful mother! So dedicated to your children. I have NEVER doubted your mothering skills. You came from such a good example...how could you go wrong! These are those times that God gives us a little trial so that we can grow and have more compassion for other parents. Ya know the ones that have the kids in the restaurant that scream for an hour during dinner! haha! Chin up...kids mature, grow out of their quirks, and find something else to stress us out about!

Fratzels said...

You both have made me feel better. I have a book in my basement by James Dobson that a friend gave me when Timmy was born. It's about raising boys; I think it's finally time to pull it out. I'll be on a plane for more than 6 hours in less than 3 weeks, so it might be a good thing to have with me.

Johanna said...

This reminds me of the times when I also feel like such a failure as a mom. I wrote about it in my own daily devotionals writings . I believe we as moms have the greatest disappointments, but indeed you are perfect in His eyes!

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template