Decorate

This is our mantel. I look at it every day from our family room. Our house has an open floor plan, so I can sit on my tush, watch tv and see the mantel in the next room all at the same time. The only problem is, my mantel needs some decoration. We built our house 2 years ago...I think it's about time we throw something up there.

When it comes to decorating, I am always so torn. When we lived in an apartment it wasn't as big of a deal. This, this however, is my beautiful home, and I want it to be perfect. I have no idea what to put on this mantel. We are going on a date Saturday night - following dinner, we will head to Pier One, where I hope to find some inspiration for this mantel.

Anyone have any ideas?

3 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

Rebecca said...

We have framed pictures and candles on our mantel. I've never been good at decorating. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

Mrs. S. said...

Back when I had a mantel, it was decorated with some greenery (it was a vine with mauve roses) and some angel figurines, but it was a very narrow mantel. If I'd had one like yours, I'd have done pictures and candles like Beckster with probably at least one nice floral arrangement thrown in there just because.. Now I have no mantel at all, so I had to just get rid of some greenery and angel figurines.. LOL!

Devon said...

Check out Rate My Space on HGTV.com
It’s a great place to get inspired:)

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template