Just Another Sunday Night



A random Sunday night in New Hampshire? Nope. This was Super Bowl Sunday night in New Hampshire. We fried up a turkey, which the house of Cali Girl has never done. Forgive me for saying so, but it just seems so white trash nation and I have tried to avoid it. Not to mention that the preferred oil for frying is peanut oil and I am allergic to peanuts, so I haven't been able to try it. Someone suggested it for the super bowl, so we went with and got out our lobster pot.

I gotta tell you, white trash nation or not, fried turkey is pretty darn tasty. It's not something me or my dieting butt need on a regular basis, but once every couple of years is not a bad idea.

3 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

designHER Momma said...

You guys do it well! nice.

Rebecca said...

I love fried turkey!!!! So, what did you use instead of peanut oil?

Fratzels said...

We used canola oil. I think the peanut oil must be for flavor b/c canola has a higher smoke point.

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template