Exercise

After my trip to Cali over Christmas, I decided that the hubs and I needed to start living healthier for our kids; they are pre-disposed to thinness. We need to make some healthy changes in our house, so that making healthy food choices and exercising becomes second nature.

In my quest for a healthier lifestyle, I am weighing the option of arising at the very early hour of 4:30am to exercise. Am I crazy? Somebody put this horribly insane thought out of my head. In all seriousness, though, I can't seem to think of another time to do it. I normally get up for the day at 5:15, I wake my kids between 6:00 and 6:15, then we are out the door at 6:45. I get home at 5:15pm, we eat dinner, do laundry, do the dishes, take baths and get the kids in bed at 7:00 for Ladybug and 7:30 for Little Man. Sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 I start my work from home (which I do 2 hours 4 nights a week to allow me to stay home from work 1 day per week to be with my kids - typically a Friday). I go to bed between 10 and 10:30. Where in that day, aside from Sweatin' to the Oldies on Fridays, can I fit in exercise? I can't. I can only fit it in my getting up at an hour that should not be known to me.

We have Wii fit. I had my age calculated at 54! That's 19 years older than my actual age people - not good. I am, however, chalking up to my severe lack of coordination and balance.

1 People Raise Their Wine Glasses to Me:

Rebecca said...

I started out at 64 and now it has me at 44. I too am not all that coordinated.

I think you can do it! I know yuo can do it!

I am exercising at night when the kids go to bed, works best for me.

I joined this online place called sparkpeople.com Neat site, lots of good tips. I'm learning a lot (and it's free)

Copyright © 2008 - A Cali Girl Momma - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template